Wednesday, April 10, 2013

SPRING IS HERE?!?..

Hey Bloggers!

It’s FINALLY starting to feel like spring (well, not today, but that’s a different story)!  Woohoo!!!  I recently went on my first run of the season in shorts and let me tell you, it was magnificent.  I can’t believe there are only 3 and a half weeks of class left in the semester (plus finals).  Where has time gone!?!  Seriously.  My schedule has gotten absolutely insane recently.  I’m now doing clinicals for two of my classes, so I’m in the classroom for about 15 hours a week on top of all my classes and work.  Whew.  It’s been exhausting but I wouldn’t change it for a thing because I LOVE the opportunities I have to be working in the classroom.  I am learning so much.  Everyday I walk out of the classes I’m working in full of new insights and knowledge that I will take into my future classroom, it’s awesome.  I’m learning so much about teaching styles, techniques, classroom management, and even brushing up on my General Chemistry knowledge!  I know I say this all the time, but I’m seriously so excited for my future as a Chemistry Teacher, it can’t come soon enough!

In addition, with the end of the semester coming up all my other classes have gotten pretty busy as well.  Lots of tests, projects, and papers due before the final bell rings and summer vacation starts.  Sometimes I feel like Dorie from Finding Nemo when she says “just keep swimming, just keep swimming”, the semester is coming to an end soon.  Apart from studying and lesson planning I’m trying to find some balance by taking study breaks to do fun things with friends (like bowling in the Maverick BullPen) and of course lacing up those good ol’ tennies for some daily stress relief.

I hope everyone is enjoying this Spring weather and spending some time outside! =)

-Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment