Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Oh Brother! =)

Hollo Bloggers!

I hope everyone enjoyed their long Thanksgiving weekend! I was finally able to go home and have some time to relax with my family. The weekend was extra special because my brother was able to leave Virginia (where he is attending training for the US Marines) and spend time with us from Wednesday to Sunday. Our Thanksgiving dinner was held at my parent's house this year; we only had my dad's side of the family over. Even though it was smaller than past years, it felt great to reconnect with family I had not seen in a while. On Friday I celebrated my 22nd birthday! I did not do anything too exciting but my grandma took me to get a manicure and pedicure, and I went out to dinner and went bowling with my parents, brother, his fiancé and my boyfriend.

On Saturday morning I woke up at 5 a.m. and went deer hunting with my brother and dad, it has been a family tradition so I am glad my brother was back to go with us! Of course, the weekend could not last forever, so on Sunday at 4am, we woke up and drove to the airport to drop off my brother and I drove back to Mankato to finish up homework for the week. I cannot believe the semester is almost over, only two and a half more weeks until winter break!

-Kayla

Kayla and her brother on Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment