Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Maverick Mom Weekend

Hey Bloggers!

Happy midterms!!! I cannot believe we are halfway through week SEVEN already!  I feel like I say that in all of my blogs, but seriously… where has time gone?!  Don’t get me wrong though, I’m definitely not complaining.  The faster time goes, the sooner it will be 70 and sunny all day everyday!  My weeks have been pretty uneventful recently.  School is super busy so basically all I’ve done is go to class, work, and do homework.  Being really busy with school keeps me from being bored, though!  We have had lots of different open house events on campus in the past few weeks, so Student Ambassadors have been especially busy.  It’s so cool to see and the prospective students and their families on campus and to chat with them about their future plans.  I get so excited for everyone, I love it!!  We also have 10 new student ambassadors, which is AWESOME!!  Our group is growing to be a pretty big (and incredibly awesome) group!

My mom came and visited me last week, which was really great.  I never realized how much of a homebody I was until I moved away to college.  I hadn’t seen my mom all semester, which was the longest time I’ve gone without seeing her in AGES so it was great for her to come hangout with me in Mankato for a day.  We went to Mom & Pop’s ice cream shop downtown Mankato.  It was the first time I had ever been there but it definitely will not be the last!  It was so cute and the ice cream was delicious!  They had so many different kinds, it was so hard to choose which one I wanted to get!  So naturally I had to go with multiple scoops, each a different flavor. Then we hung out and watched the movie Pitch Perfect.  If you haven’t seen that yet, please watch it!  It was so, so awesome!  My new life goal is to join an acapella group.  I cannot sing to save my life, but I want to SO badly after seeing that movie!  It was a great day to just relax and spend some much needed quality time with my mom. =)

That’s all for now, have a great next few weeks!  Think a lot of warm thoughts for spring!!

Kira

Kira and her Mom in Maverick gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment