Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Polar "BRRR" Plunge!

Hey Bloggers!!!

My name is Kira and I am the newest member of the Student Ambassador executive board.  I am now the secretary (or treasurer, I think the official title changes depending on the week…) and am SO excited for my new leadership role within this awesome group!!!! I am a junior Chemistry Teaching major from Northfield, MN.  Along with Student Ambassadors I also work in the Admissions Office as a tour guide.  Ever since I went on my very first college visit I’ve wanted to be a tour guide so it’s the perfect job for me. Going into work is more fun than it is work!  I am also the co-president of Colleges Against Cancer.  Needless to say, I keep pretty busy, but I love it that way! 

I can’t believe Winter break is over and it’s already second semester!!!!!  Time has seriously flown by, I can’t believe it!  My winter break was great.  I was able to spend the whole four weeks in Northfield spending time with my family/friends, relaxing, and getting back into my red and khaki to work at Target.  The coolest thing I did over break was run the Polar Dash half marathon in St. Paul on New Years day.  The temperature was -2 but I finished with a new personal time record of 1:36:14, or 7:21 minute miles!!  Throughout my blogging you will find out that I am madly in love with running, and this was the absolute GREATEST way to start 2013!!!  I’m ready to take on the New Year!!!  Below is a picture of me after I finished 13.1 miles later…. BRRR!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic start to their New Year and semester!!  Thanks for reading my blog!!


-Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment