Monday, December 10, 2012

Kayla+Finals Week= Retail Therapy! =)

Bloggers!

Finals week has arrived and not only does this mean I will be busy with exams, but the end of the semester is here. I cannot believe how fast this fall term has flown by, it seems like just yesterday I was receiving all of my instruments and supplies, and feeling overwhelmed by all of the things I would be learning within my program. Although it may seem like a stressful time, because I have been taking numerous exams and spending an abundance of time studying throughout this semester, I believe that finals will go very well this year. I have already taken two out of six finals, one of them last Friday and one this morning.

Aside from exams, after this week is over I am driving up to the cities for the weekend to spend time with my boyfriend and his family and taking a trip to Mall of America for a little retail therapy! I will be working at the Admissions Office over winter break to earn some extra spending money as well. During my break, I have signed a contract with the Department of Dental Hygiene, in which I have promised to study and practice with my instruments during the month we have off of school. It may seem boring and unnatural to have homework over break, but this extra practice will assist me when I start clinic in the spring. I will finally be able to clean patients’ teeth and utilize skills that I will use for the rest of my career as a Dental Hygienist!

Other plans that I have for my month break are spending some extra time with my family. My brother is able to travel home to Wisconsin from where he is stationed in California for Christmas; it will be exciting to see him again! I also intend to finally go snowboarding here in Mankato; we have a ski hill called Mount Kato and I may pay a visit to Trollhaugen ski resort back in Wisconsin where my parents live. Either way, whatever I do over winter break will be relaxing.

I want to thank you all for reading my blog this semester, I will return in January to tell you all about my break and how my clinical experiences go. Have a safe and Happy Holiday season and I will see you all again in a month!
Our “Family” Christmas card, this should bring some laughs to my family and friends! (Anthony, Bella the cat and I)


No comments:

Post a Comment