Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hello Again Cristen!


Cristen (middle) with friends in Minneapolis

Cristen (bottom middle) and friends

Hey Bloggers!

I hope you all had a great summer!  My name is Cristen and I am a senior at Minnesota State University Mankato this year.  I am studying Biology and Spanish and have plans to go to Physician Assistant School next year.  This was the first summer I ever spent down in Mankato and I had a blast.  I started off my summer by taking two summer classes, Biochemistry and Medical Terminology.  Summer classes were definitely a different experience than taking classes during the year, but I’m happy I have them out of the way now.

Other than classes, my summer consisted of a lot of days spent at the pool and hanging out with my friends, playing beach volleyball, going on bike rides, and a lot of grilling out.  My friends and I took a few trips to do big activities as well. My roommates and I went to the Minnesota Zoo one weekend, and another weekend my friends and I participated in Challenge Nation’s scavenger hunt in Minneapolis.  The scavenger hunt had our team running around downtown Minneapolis.  We were given clues and we had to go find certain places and take pictures in front of them.  Our team ended up doing a lot better than we thought and we placed 22nd out of 100 teams, qualifying our team for the national competition in New Orleans!

All in all it was a great summer however; it’s time to get back to the books.  This is my senior year so it is very bittersweet.  I am so excited to be taking my final classes here at MSU, but I’m sad that I will be leaving Mankato and all of my friends in a year.  I just sent all of my graduate school applications off to 13 schools so I’m waiting to hear back from the different programs.  This is going to be a great year and I am so excited to share it with all of you bloggers!

~Cristen

No comments:

Post a Comment